We don’t know if you have noticed or not, but Halloween here at Persnickety Clothing is one of our favorite times of year! The creative energy and whimsical ideas are just something unlike any other time of year. We thought it would be fun to put together a list of a few of our favorite craft + activity ideas for you and your little ones to do. Be sure to send us pictures of your finished products! Happy Crafting!
Spell Bound: Magical Potion
What’s Halloween without a yummy magical potion. This recipe is perfect for brewing up in caldron and serving at Halloween parties or just for a Friday Fun day activity!
- Equal amounts of 3 colored beverages with various sugar amounts (Kool-aid, Gatorade and G2 or another sugar free/low sugar drink are great options)
1. Fill each glass, cup or bottle or your drink container to the very top with ice.
2. Read each of your labels to see which drink has the highest sugar content, this will go in the glass first. **Tip the glass/container to the side and slowly pour your first layer until your glass is ⅓ full.
3.Choose your second highest sugar content and pour very slowly ensuring you are pouring over an ice cube to avoid mixing. Fill to ⅔ full.
4. Repeat with your remaining layer. 5. Serve and enjoy!
BOO! Pencil Toppers!
With colder weather coming, what’s better than a fun fall craft inside! These spooky pencil toppers are perfect for her to spice up her pencil box and have a little fun learning a new skill! You might remember a few months ago Corinne shared a picture of her and her youngest daughter sewing on a rainy Saturday afternoon. (embed Instagram post) At Persnickety, we know these moments spent teaching and doing things together are so short. Enjoy them while they last!
- Large Piece of Felt (smaller piece of back felt for eyes)
- Fabric Glue
- Scissors Thin Thread Needle
- Stuffing material (We recommend quilting stuffer)
1. Trace Ghost shape on felt and cut out the 2 identical shapes. Here’s the image we used.
Leave a comment